If you must cancel an appointment, 24 hour advance notice is required to allow time for another patient to be scheduled. You will be subject to a charge for the appointment time if you do not cancel the appointment within this time frame. This charge will not be covered by your insurance company and it will be your responsibility.
Fees, Payment and Insurance
Fees vary according to the length and type of session. Co-payments and deductibles, which are set by your insurance company, are your responsibility, as well as failed appointment charges and any other fees or out of pocket expenses you incur which are not covered by your insurance company. Co-payment and any other portion of the charge not covered by your insurance are due at the time of service. Regular and up-to-date payments on the portion of the bill that is not reimbursable by your insurance is expected and appreciated.
I accept and am covered by most commercial HMO, PPO, and POS insurance companies and offer a courtesy of checking your benefits and submitting the claims to your insurance carrier. I strongly encourage you to take responsibility for this process, however, since you are the consumer and ultimately responsible for payment. Please contact your insurance company and ask the following questions:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- Is prior-authorization required?
- If preauthorization is required by your plan it is your responsibility to obtain authorization prior to your visit.
- Is Stacey Nye, PhD, a preferred provider in your insurance network at North Shore Center?.
- How much does my plan cover for an out-of-network provider (If I am not in network)?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?